Alhambra Ring – Three Leaf Topaz
Units Sold: 0
The Alhambra Ring with Three Leaf Topaz exhibits vivid Swiss Blue stones at the sides, with deeper London Blue accents in the middle. This on-trend open ring demonstrates curved leaves, echoing forms seen in the Alhambra pendant
Sterling Silver ring inset with marquise topaz gemstones, uniquely flush-set into the body.
The Alhambra Ring with Three Leaf Topaz exhibits vivid Swiss Blue stones at the sides, with deeper London Blue accents in the middle. This on-trend open ring demonstrates curved leaves, echoing forms seen in the Alhambra pendant.
This luxury extravagant ring can be worn on its own, or combined with Alhambra Five Leaf Ring encasing the whole finger with contrasting colours!
The ring is a size P, or it can be made to order on request in your size for no extra cost.
John Franklin works out of his small home studio in Great Shelford just outside Cambridge, crafting intricate sterling silver jewellery set with boldly colourful gemstones such as Topaz and fancy Garnets.
He graduated with Distinction from Birmingham School of Jewellery in 2019, won the Julia Usher Ashes Memorial Award, and reached the UK final of the World Skills Jewellery competition. He exhibited his final collection at the London New Designers Fair; Cambridge Open Studios; and will be at Desire Winchester.
This has been a big change of direction from a long engineering career. He originally qualified with a Physics PhD from Cambridge, then designed and managed silicon chips on board spacecraft, to 4G and Bluetooth.
However, he has always been interested in the decorative arts and sculpture – first carving animals in stone, such as a bear, swan and parrot. He began to study jewellery in local evening classes in 2014 and found that he loved producing a decorative form from raw metal, and feeling connected to an artisanal world of traditional tools and techniques.
Artistically, he is passionate about the connections between decorative arts movements of different cultures and times – from Islamic tiling of the Ottomans, through Arts and Crafts, to Arts Nouveau and Deco. This informs his use of elegant curves through plant and flower motifs, to stylised forms.
He is also excited by the use of colour, using a wide palette of fancy coloured garnets, topazes, tourmalines, and unusual stones such as chrome diopside. He enjoys adding style to the piece by finding ways to use less common shapes of gemstone such as marquise and baguette to complement and integrate with the form, often inventing unique setting ways to set the stones.
All orders are shipped within 48 hours Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm.
We use the following carriers to deliver our orders:
- In the UK we use Royal Mail special insured delivery
- For Ireland we use Royal Mail international signed for
- For mainland Europe we use Royal Mail international signed for
- For the rest of the world we decide when shipping to use an international carrier or Royal Mail – no additional costs payable
If a tracking # is provided by the shipping carrier, we will update your order with the tracking information.
The rate charged for the shipping of your order is based on the weight of your products, and your location. Before the final checkout page you will be shown what the cost of shipping will be, and you will have a chance to not place your order if you decide not to.
If an item goes on back order we will ship you the part of your order that is in stock. When the item becomes available we will ship you the rest of your order. You will not be charged any additional shipping and handling for the second shipment.
Under Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, if you buy on-line or by phone, your consumer rights entitle you to a full refund if you request one in writing within 14 working days of receipt. This excludes the products listed as exceptions in the small print section below.
Artfull Expression sellers can offer a refund on your purchase price within 14 days of receipt of the goods.
Artfull Expression sellers will issue the refund within 14 Days of receipt of the return.
How to return a product
- Call or email your seller in normal working hours to be issued with returns number and appropriate returns address by email.
- The seller will issue this number within 1 working day by email.
- Write returns number on the outside of the packaging (Mandatory), please use original packaging if possible and enclose original documentation received – write on the back the reason for the return (This is not mandatory). Please ensure you remove our labels from the packaging.
- Use Royal Mail 1st class post and obtain a proof of postage receipt.
- Your seller will issue your refund within 14 days.
The small print – exceptions
It's important that any unwanted item, unless faulty, is returned in a re-saleable condition. We'd expect this to mean that you've kept all original packaging and labels, and that it's undamaged and unused.
Products sellers are unable to cancel, refund or exchange
Sellers cannot offer refunds or exchanges, unless faulty, on the following items:
- Products which have been personalised for you
- Products hand made to order for you
- Where a product has been specially ordered in for you, unless faulty, sellers are unable to refund or offer an exchange.
- Sellers are unable to accept cancellations for these orders, unless within 48 hours of the order being placed. Seller will make this clear when you place your order.
- This does not affect your statutory rights.